Analysis of the current status and trends of innovative leadership in public administration
The article examines current issues of innovative leadership in public administration, analyzes the current state and trends in its potential in the context of global transformations and crises in society. The essence, content, concept of innovative leadership in public administration in historical retrospect and the context of new conceptual approaches to leadership research are determined. It is established that innovative leadership is an approach to organizational development and organizational change. It is emphasized that in the internal contour of the public administration system innovative leadership is determined by socio-psychological processes in the organization, management of team activities, influence on employees, accompanied by changing perceptions and values of the latter, activation of higher needs for innovation, achievement, creativity, self-actualization.
The conceptual apparatus of innovation leadership includes the role of innovation leadership in the context of global transformations, the personality of the innovation leader, the implementation of innovation leadership in public administration, ensuring effective and efficient work. It is determined that an innovation leader can be an individual in an organization, a group in an organization, the organization itself, and even a community, country or nation can be considered as an innovation leader.
The current state of innovative leadership in public administration is characterized by awareness of the role of management culture, the need to master the mechanisms of self-organization, which release the energy of human initiative, will respond effectively to uncertainty and rapid changes in the world. In this context, leadership in public administration is gaining importance and significance, becoming one of the central issues of activation of professionally engaged human resources. In this regard, the urgent and important task of public administration is to fill the leadership with new essential characteristics.
Trends in the development of innovation leadership potential are considered in terms of global transformations and crises in the context of inevitable (health care, digitalization, flexible work schedules, changes in organizational culture, biotechnology, etc.) and variable (globalization or protectionism; electronic or "live" communications; social distance or cohesion; total observation or freedom, etc.) trends.
The main functions of the innovative organizational culture of public authorities for the implementation of the goals of regional and local innovative development, support and implementation of public service reform tasks are analyzed. Emphasis is placed on the need to create a culture of innovative leadership in the system space of innovation management, increase the capacity of authorities to support the development of open innovation - ie the ability to use the entrepreneurial spirit of innovators through a portfolio of technical and innovation policy in public administration.
The research methods are based on general and special scientific methods, in particular: generalization, synthesis - in the study of the essence and features of innovation leadership as a specific object of public service and the definition of tools and basic methods of innovation leadership in public service; comparison - to study and evaluate the basis for the formation of the implementation of innovative leadership in the historical and contemporary context.
Understanding the current state and trends of innovation leadership in public administration makes it possible to form a holistic scientific approach to training innovation leaders in public administration, which provides conditions for effective development of innovation leaders and the introduction of a culture of innovation leadership in government. determines the necessary conditions for creating an environment for the systematic formation of innovative leadership in public administration in the context of global social transformations.
2. Schein, Edgar H. «Organizational culture and leadership» - 3rd ed. p. cm. The Jossey-Bass business & management series [in English].
3. Houlman, D., Boiatsys, R & Makkia, E. (2015). Emotsiine liderstvo. Msstetstvo keruvannya lyudmi na osnovi emotsiinogo intelektu. [Leadership: The power of emotional- intellegence]. Kyiv: Alpina Publisher [in Ukrainian].
4. Gliddon, D.G., & Rothwell, W.J. (2018). Innovation leadership. (1st ed.) [in English].
5. Gliddon, D. Developing innovation leaders is crucial to corporate competitiveness. Penn State News [in English].
6. Partnership for Public Service. ourpublicservice.org. Retrieved from https://ourpublicservice.org/our-work/public-service-leadership-model/ [in English].
7. Dehtiarova, I.O. (2014). Innovatsiini pidkhody b upravlinni rehionalnym rozvytkom [Innovative approaches in regional development]. Kyiv : NADU [in Ukrainian].
8. Toffler, E. (2004). Tretia volna [Third wave]. AST [in Russian].
9. Adair, J. (2007). Leadership for Innovation: How to Organise Team Creativity and Harvest Ideas. Philadelphia : Kogan Page Publishers [in English].
10. Serheieva, L.M., Kondratieva, V.P. & Khromei, M.Ya. (2015). Liderstvo [Leadership]. Ivano-Frankivsk: Lileia-NV [in Ukrainian].
11. Profili kompetentsii liderstva na derzhavnii sluzhbi v Ukraini [Competences leadership profiles in public service in Ukraine]. (2010). Holovne upravlinnia derzhavnoi sluzhby Ukrainy. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
12. Outn, Kh. (2005). Prizvanie – lider: Polnoe pukovodstvo po effektivnomy liderstvu [Vocation-leader: full guide in effective leadership]. Dnepropetrovsk: Balans Biznec Buks [in Russian].
13. Greenleaf, R.K., Spears, L.C., & Covey, S.R. (2002). Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness. (25th Anniversary ed.). Mahwah: Paulist Press Publishers [in English].
14. Strategiia reformuvannia derzhavnogo upravlinnia Ukrainy na period do 2021 roku [Public management reform strategy in Ukraine up to 2021]. Document 474-2016-r, redaktsiia vid 28-12-2018, pidstava 1109-2018-p [in Ukrainian].
15. Svit u 2030 rotsi: nove myslennia, nova ekonomika, novi kordony [World 2030: new mindset, new economy, new borders]. ceoclub.com.ua. Retrieved from https://ceoclub.com.ua/article/svit-u-2030 [in English].
16. Sloan, P. The Innovative Leader: How to Inspire Your Team and Drive Creativity [in English].
17. Adair, J. (2007). Leadership for Innovation: How to Organise Team Creativity and Harvest Ideas. Philadelphia: Kogan Page Publishers [in English].
18. Stogdill, R. (1990). Handbook of Leadership. (3 Sub ed.). N.Y. : Free Press Publishers [in English].
Abstract views: 34 PDF Downloads: 24