The modern paradigm of state gender policy in conditions of decentralization
The article theoretically summarizes the predicate of state gender policy. A gender paradigm consisting of gender, gender identity and gender roles is structured. The institutional basis of the formation of the paradigm of state gender policy in Ukraine is determined.
An empirical analysis of the features of modern gender policy in Ukraine under the conditions of decentralization of public power is carried out. As a result, the presence of certain problems was revealed, which require close attention in the formation of the modern paradigm of state gender policy. Attention is drawn to the specifics of gender asymmetry in the field of labor relations. It manifests itself in the displacement of women into the sphere of more routine and low-paid activities and professions. In addition, the overloading of women with domestic responsibilities, limited access to employment, income and full-fledged career growth is noticeable.
An in-depth analysis of statistical data on labor relations was carried out. It made it possible to identify the problems of age-gender asymmetry in the field of employment and wages, as well as the presence of social stereotypes within the boundaries of gender identity and gender roles of women and men.
A gender analysis of the management structure of organizations by types of economic activity, public service and business was conducted. As a result, the presence of "male" and "female" spheres of employment was noticed. The gender history of power in Ukraine is analyzed. Attention is drawn to the evaluation of gender equality in the sphere of politics and state power with a comparison with European countries. As a result of the analysis, a positive trend of improving the gender composition of the Verkhovna Rada, as well as regional and district councils, was noticed. It is emphasized that despite the positive results, Ukraine lags almost behind the majority of European countries in achieving gender equality in power. Attention is focused on the decentralization reform and its results in achieving gender equality at the community level.
The identified problems are proposed to be solved by summarizing and applying the paradigm of state gender policy in the context of the decentralization reform.
2. Onyshchuk, Yu.V., & Zubar, I.V. (2018). Zakordonna mihratsiia trudovykh resursiv yak pereshkoda stalomu ekonomichnomu rozvytku Ukrainy [Foreign migration of labor resources as an obstacle to sustainable economic development of Ukraine]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 5, 37-49 [in Ukrainian].
3. Ivanina, T., Kyselova, O., & Kolodii, M. (2021). Genderno oriientovane vriaduvannia [Gender-oriented governance]. Kyiv: Yuston [in Ukrainian].
4. Ivanova, T.V., & Karch, M.O. (2020). Genderna identychnist yak multyvariatyvnyi fenomen [Gender identity as a multivariate phenomenon]. Vcheni zapysky TNU imeni V.I. Vernadskoho. Seriia: Psykholohiia – Academic notes of V.I. Vernadsky Taurida National University. Series: Psychology, 4, 28-33 [in Ukrainian].
5. Kodeks zakoniv pro pratsyu Ukrayiny [Labor Code of Ukraine]. (2006, July 23). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/322-08#Text [in Ukrainian].
6. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy: pryiniatyi 28 chervnia 1996 roku № 254к [Constitution of Ukraine: from 28 June 1996 № 254к] zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ 254к/96-вр/ed19960628#Text [in Ukrainian].
7. Mistseve samovriaduvannia ta terytorialna orhanizatsiia vlady (v konteksti shyrokomasshtabnoho rosiiskoho vtorhnennia). Rezultaty Vseukrainskoho sotsiolohichnoho doslidzhennia [Local self-government and territorial organization of power (in the context of a large-scale Russian invasion). Results of the All-Ukrainian sociological survey] (n.d.). decentralization.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://decentralization.gov.ua/uploads/library/file/835/Sociology_lsg_2022.pdf [in Ukrainian].
8. Nakaz Ministerstva sotsialnoi polityky Ukrainy Pro zatverdzhennia Metodychnykh rekomendatsii z realizatsii gendernoho pidkhodu ta pidkhodu, shcho bazuietsia na dotrymanni prav liudyny, na rivni terytorialnykh hromad: pryiniatyi 27 hrudnia 2022 roku №359 [Order of the Ministry of social policy On Approval of Methodological Recommendations for the Implementation of a Gender Approach and an Approach Based on Observance of Human Rights at the Level of Territorial Communities from December 27 №359] www.msp.gov.ua Retrieved from: https://www.msp.gov.ua/documents/6267.html [in Ukrainian].
9. Nalyvaiko, I.O. (2022). Genderna paradyhma: vitchyzniana praktyka ta mizhnarodnyi dosvid [Gender paradigm: domestic practice and international experience]. Nove ukrainske pravo – New Ukrainian Law, 6, 80-85 [in Ukrainian].
10. Nykyforenko, V. H., Nykyforenko, A. I., & Tabanova, V.H. (2016). Pravovi ta sotsialno-ekonomichni aspekty rehuliuvannia trudovykh vidnosyn: gendernyi aspect [Legal and socio-economic aspects of regulation of labor relations: gender aspect]. Melbourne, Australia: Thorpe-Bowker [in Ukrainian].
11. Sait Inter Parliamentary Union [Site of Inter Parliamentary Union]. www.ipu.org. Retrieved from https://www.ipu.org/ [in English].
12. Sait United Nations Development Programme [Site of United Nations Development Programme]. www.undp.org. Retrieved from https://www.undp.org/ [in English].
13. Sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Site of State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
14. Sait Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy [Site of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine]. rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.rada.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
15. Sait Ukrainskoho Zhinochoho Fondu [Site of Ukrainian Women's Fund]. uwf.org.ua. Retrieved from https://uwf.org.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
16. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy Pro utvorennia Komisii z pytan koordynatsii vzaiemodii orhaniv vykonavchoi vlady shchodo zabezpechennia rivnykh prav ta mozhlyvostei zhinok i cholovikiv pryiniata 2 ver. 2020 roku №784 [Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine On the formation of the commission on coordination of the interaction of executive authorities to ensure equal rights and opportunities of women and men from September 2, 2020 №784]. www.kmu.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-utvorennya-komisiyi-z-pitan-koo-784 [in Ukrainian].
17. Shevchenko, Z.V. (2016). Slovnyk gendernykh terminiv [Dictionary of gender terms]. Cherkasy: publisher Chabanenko Yu.A. Retrieved from http://a-z-gender.net/ua/gr.html. [in Ukrainian].
18. Erikson, J., & Josefsson, C. (2023). Feminine Leadership Ideals and Masculine Practices: Exploring Gendered Leadership Conditions in the Swedish Parliament. Politics & Gender, 1-26.
Abstract views: 21 PDF Downloads: 20