Integrated evaluation of the balanced development of OECD member countries using the global index (GI-10) in the context of Global Governance
The paper generalizes expert analytical information related to global research that contains aggregate data on an integrated assessment of the comprehensive development of the member countries of the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), measured by 10 relevant international indices to be used further as Global Governance Indicator – Global Index (GI-10), an integrated index of balanced development, characterizing the current socio-economic state of these countries, their positioning in the global dimension, and opening up new opportunities for regulated impact and defining strategic development guides for both individual countries and interstate entities.
The presented research is a continuation of the previous scientific surveys carried out by the author; it contains new actual results obtained in the field of comprehensive assessment of OECD member countries’ development by the integrated index of global balanced development GI-10. The conducted analysis, in fact, aims to search for the most optimal development model not only for specific countries, but also supra-state formations – communities in the context of globalization.
In conclusion, the author emphasizes the fact that Global Index GI-10 should become one of effective strategic indicators of balanced development of OECD member countries. It is meant to determine in a prompt manner the strong points and bottlenecks in a variety of public policy areas, which will foster formation and implementation of more substantiated management decisions as to global development guides in terms of Global Governance.
For the subsequent steps in improvement of the assessment system, it is very useful to define the essence and content of the integrated development indices according to their separate components, providing a totality of measures and, thus, indicators which determine the results of social development in a specific area, taking into account the socio-humanitarian and economic and technological components.
2. Karamyshev, D.V. (2018). Dominanty Global Governance u vymirakh hlobalnoho rozvytku [Dominants of Global Governance in the dimensions of global development]. Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia – Theory and practice of public administration, 4, 8–20 [in Ukrainian].
3. Karamyshev, D.V. (2018). Imperatyvy hlobalnoho rozvytku: fokus na Global Governance [Imperatives of Global Development: Focus on Global Governance]. Publichne upravlinnia ta rehionalnyi rozvytok – Public Governance and Regional Development, 2, 365–388 [in Ukrainian].
4. Okara, D.V., Chernyshev, V.H. & Shynkarenko, L.V. (2018). Doslidzhennia rozvytku Ukrainy na pidstavi indeksu hlobalnoi konkurentospromozhnosti [Study of Ukraine's development on the basis of the global competitiveness index]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky – Global and national economic problems, 22, 84–90 [in Ukrainian].
5. Karamyshev, D.V. (2019). Global Development Index as Indicator of Global Governance: Integrated Assessment of OECD Member Countries Development. Public Policy and Administration, 18, 4, 377–394 [in English].
6. United Nations : Peace, dignity and equality on a healthy planet. www.un.org Retrieved from http://www.un.org/en/index.html [in English].
7. New Economics Foundation. www.neweconomics.org. Retrieved from http://www.neweconomics.org [in English].
8. World development indicators. www.datatopics.worldbank.org. Retrieved from http:// www.datatopics.worldbank.org/world-development-indicators [in English].
9. The Human Development Index. www.hdr.undp.org. Retrieved from http://www.hdr.undp.org [in English].
10. The Social Progress Index. www.socialprogress.org. Retrieved from https://www.socialprogress.org [in English].
11. The Legatum Prosperity Index. www.prosperity.com. Retrieved from https://www.prosperity.com [in English].
12. The Sustainable Development Goals Index. sdgindex.org. Retrieved from http://sdgindex.org/reports [in English].
13. The Fragile States Index. www.worldpolicy.org. Retrieved from http://www.worldpolicy.org [in English].
14. The Global Competitiveness Index. www.reports.weforum.org. Retrieved from http://www.reports.weforum.org [in English].
15. The BDO IBC - International Business Compass. www.bdo-ibc.com. Retrieved from https://www.bdo-ibc.com [in English].
16. The Global Innovation Index. www.globalinnovationindex.org. Retrieved from https://www.globalinnovationindex.org [in English].
17. The ICT Development Index. www.itu.int. Retrieved from http://www.itu.int [in English].
18. The Networked Readiness Index (NRI). www.networkreadinessindex.org. Retrieved from http://www.networkreadinessindex.org [in English].
19. The IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking. www.imd.org Retrieved from https://www.imd.org [in English].
20. The Bloomberg Innovation Index. www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved from https://www.bloomberg.com [in English].
21. The Environmental Performance Index. www.yale.edu. Retrieved from http://www.yale.edu/esi [in English].
22. GDP based on purchasing-power-parity (PPP) per capita. www.worldbank.org. Retrieved from http://www.worldbank.org [in English].
Abstract views: 30 PDF Downloads: 17