The role and place of interaction of public authorities and institutions of civil society in Ukraine
The article is devoted to the study of civil society in Ukraine on its way to formation. It is determined that a significant percentage of respondents generally support NGOs and believe that they contribute to attracting leading foreign experience in public reform in Ukraine. Moreover, this can be seen against the background of a constant decline in the level of trust in public authorities and general disappointment in their effectiveness. It is obvious that such an attitude of citizens to the authorities is the result of despair in improving living standards, carrying out effective reforms and general public administration decisions. Attention is drawn to the fact that the results of opinion polls should serve as an indicator to which the authorities cannot ignore and, accordingly, should try to improve the situation. One way out is to develop mechanisms for interaction with civil society institutions.
It is noted that in general, the self-organization of citizens and the further crystallization of civil society institutions has great potential to ensure economic, socio-political, cultural development of the country. One of the basic elements should be a sense of responsibility of both individual citizens to each other and their associations, and ultimately the state to citizens. It turns out that currently in Ukraine the mechanisms of interaction of public authorities with civil society institutions have a number of shortcomings, which is accompanied by problems in the mutual understanding of government and society. Among the shortcomings in the foreground are the imperfection of the regulatory framework and its ineffectiveness, and in some cases simply the lack of any standardization. There is also the influence of the low level of legal and political culture of citizens, as well as the facts of confrontation between public organizations and the authorities. In fact, we should talk about the influence of the human factor on increasing the level of trust in government, and thus increase the interest of citizens in active involvement in solving socially important issues.
2. Chumakov, D. (2014). Problema rozvytku ghromadjansjkogho suspiljstva v Ukrajini v konteksti jogho vzajemodiji z instytutom derzhavy [The problem of the development of civil society in Ukraine in the context of its interaction with the institution of the state]. Scientific and theoretical almanac «Grani». No. 17 (6). pp. 131-135.
3. Holovka A. (2016), Vzaiemodiia hromadianskoho suspilstva ta derzhavy v umovakh suchasnykh informatsiinykh vyklykiv [Interaction of civil society and the state in the conditions of modern information challenges]. Hileia: naukovyi visnyk. Vol. 111. pp. 319-312.
4. Kostetska T. (2017), Aktualni pytannia vzaiemovidnosyn orhaniv publichnoi vlady ta instytutiv hromadianskoho suspilstva (komunikatyvni aspekty) [The actual questions of relationships between public authorities and civil society institutions: communicative aspects]. Pravova derzhava. No. 28. pp. 188-198.
5. Kvitka S. (2017), Hlobalne hromadianske suspilstvo: mizh natsionalnymy derzhavamy i transnatsionalnymy korporatsiiamy [Global civil society: between nation states and transnational corporations]. Aspekty publichnoho upravlinnia. Vol. 5, No. 3-4, pp. 65-76.
6. Liasota A. (2018), Suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku instytutiv hromadianskoho suspilstva v Ukraini [Current state and prospects of development of civil society institutions in Ukraine]. Hrani. Vol. 21, No. 10. pp. 142-148.
7. Marmeladze M. (2020). Kozhnyi chetvertyi ukrainets vvazhaie hromadski orhanizatsii vplyvovymy [Every fourth Ukrainian considers public organizations influential]. Retrieved from http: https://detector.media.
8. Mizhnarodna praktyka zakhodiv, spriamovanykh na zmitsnennia doviry mizh derzhavoiu ta orhanizatsiiamy hromadianskoho suspilstva [International practice of measures aimed at strengthening trust between the state and civil society organizations]. Retrieved from http: https://www.osce.org/.
9. Onyshchuk I. (2018), Sposoby pidvyshchennia yakosti ta efektyvnosti vplyvu instytutiv hromadianskoho suspilstva na normoproektuvannia orhaniv derzhavnoi vlady [Ways to improve the quality and effectiveness of the influence of civil society institutions on the rule-making of public authorities]. Journal «ScienceRise: Juridical Science». No. 4(6). pp. 9-15.
10. Opytuvannia hromadskoi dumky dlia otsinky zmin v obiznanosti hromadian shchodo hromadskykh orhanizatsii ta yikhnoi diialnosti [Public opinion polls to assess changes in awareness citizens regarding public organizations and their activities]. Retrieved from http: https://dif.org.ua.
11. Pochatok novoho politychnoho roku: dovira do sotsialnykh instytutiv (lypen 2020r.) [Pochatok novoho politychnoho roku: dovira do sotsialnykh instytutiv (lypen 2020r.)]. Retrieved from http: https://razumkov.org.ua.
12. Serdiuk N. (2018), Perspektyvy rozvytku instytutiv hromadianskoho suspilstva v suchasnii Ukraini [Perspective for the development of civil society institutes in modern Ukraine]. Publichne pravo. No. 4(32).pp. 48-55.
13. Solyar S. (2013), Instytuty hromadianskoho suspilstva [Civil society institutions]. Forum prava. No. 1. pp. 933-938.
Abstract views: 37 PDF Downloads: 29