Professionalization and professional and career growth of public servants: challenges and prospects
The article is devoted to the professionalization of public servants as one of the directions of the effectiveness of public administration and management. The concept of the article is the training of managerial personnel in the field of public service, who are able to perform their functions efficiently and effectively, which is an indicator of the protection of national values in Ukraine. Therefore, it is important to ensure the motivation of public servants for professional development and create conditions for the realization of professional abilities, which will contribute to the growth of a professional career. .
The author of the article focuses on the components that encourage consideration of the issue of professionalization of public servants. One of the main components is the integration of Ukraine into the European Community, which requires constant professional development from public servants in the face of transformational changes, challenges, transition to democratic governance, development of market relations and competition. After all, the current state of professionalization of public servants does not in all respects meet the modern requirements of public service, and as a result, manifestations of coloboranism and sabotage among government officials in the conditions of a large-scale war of 2022-2023. This was especially evident in those territories that were and still remain occupied by the enemy - Zaporozhye, Lugansk, Kiev, Donetsk, Kharkov, Chernihiv, Sumy and Kherson regions.
The second component of the study is the inconsistency of knowledge in the theory of public administration, human resource management, psychology of command management, public law and public finance, strategic management, etc., which the winners of the competitive selection of candidates for the positions of state / public servants must demonstrate. However, these competitive selections are not held for a long time (the reason is the pandemic, martial law), and recruitment is carried out on the basis of contracts. Thus, the cognitive preparation of applicants for positions in government bodies has decreased, which negatively affects the professional growth of public servants.
The third component is the need to improve the professional orientation of young people for career growth in the state / public service through the preparation of masters in the educational-professional and educational-scientific program in the specialty 281 "Public Administration and Administration".
The need to resolve issues and eliminate their negative manifestations has necessitated the study of the stated topic in the field of public administration and administration.
2. Bila, L.R., Kivalov, S.V., & Todoshchak, O.V. (2002), Praktykum zi spetskursu «Orhanizatsiia derzhavnoi sluzhby v Ukraini» [Workshop on the special course «Organization of the civil service in Ukraine»]. Odesa: Yurydychna literatura [in Ukrainian].
3. Horbatenko, V.P. (1999). Modernizatsiia ukrainskoho suspilstva u konteksti suchasnykh tsyvilizatsiinykh protsesiv [Modernization of Ukrainian society in the context of modern civilizational processes]. Extended abstract of Doctor`s thesis. Kyiv: NAN Ukrainy. Instytut derzhavy i prava im. V.M.Koretskoho [in Ukrainian].
4. Konventsiia pro profesiinu oriientatsiiu ta profesiinu pidhotovku v haluzi rozvytku liudskykh resursiv № 142: mizhnarodnyi dokument vid 23 cherv. 1975 r. [Convention on professional orientation and professional training in the field of human resources development №142: international document dated June 23, 1975]. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_057. [in Ukrainian].
5. Larina, N.B. (2018). Profesionalizatsiia upravlinskykh kadriv yak chynnyk modernizatsii systemy publichnoho upravlinnia ta administruvannia v Ukraini [Professionalization of management personnel as a factor in the modernization of the system of public management and administration in Ukraine]. Pravo ta derzhavne upravlinnia – Law and public administration, 3(2), 62-70 [in Ukrainian].
6. Memorandum neperervnoi osvity Yevropeikoho Soiuzu [Memorandum on continuing education of the European Union:]. www.znanie.org. Retrieved from http://www.znanie.org/docs/ memorandum.html [in Ukrainian].
7. Mykhailovska, O. (2010). Spetsyfika zdiisnennia instytualizatsii hromadianskoho suspilstva v umovakh politychnoi modernizatsii v suchasnii Ukraini [The specifics of the implementation of the institutionalization of civil society in the conditions of political modernization in modern Ukraine]. Osvita rehionu – Education of the region, 4, 82-89 [in Ukrainian].
8. Rekomendatsiia shchodo profesiinoho navchannia № 117 : mizhnarodnyi dokument vid 27 cherv. 1962 r. [Recommendation on professional training № 117: an international document dated June 27, 1962]. zakon.rada.gov.ua Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_106 [in Ukrainian].
9. Rekomendatsiia №195 pro rozvytok liudskykh resursiv: pidhotovku kadriv i bezperervne navchannia: mizhnarodnyi dokument vid 17 cherv. 2004 r. [Recommendation №195 on the development of human resources: personnel training and continuous training: an international document dated June 17, 2004]. zakon.rada.gov.ua Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_532 [in Ukrainian].
10. Pro derzhavnu sluzhbu: Zakon Ukrayiny vid 10 hrudni 2015 roku № 889 – VIII. [On civil service: Law of Ukraine dated December 10, 2015 №889 – VIII] zakon.rada.gov.ua Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/889-19#Text [in Ukrainian].
11. Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy Pro zatverdzhennia Stratehii reformuvannia derzhavnoi sluzhby ta sluzhby v orhanakh mistsevoho samovriaduvannia v Ukraini na period do 2017 roku ta planu zakhodiv shchodo yii realizatsii vid 18 bereznia 2015 r. № 227-r. [Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine On the approval of the Strategy for reforming the civil service and service in local self-government bodies in Ukraine for the period up to 2017 and the plan of measures for its implementation of March 18, 2015 №227-r]. Uriadovyi kurier – Government Courier, 63 [in Ukrainian].
12. Zakon Ukrainy Pro ratyfikatsiiu Uhody pro asotsiatsiiu mizh Ukrainoiu, z odniiei storony, ta Yevropeiskym Soiuzom, yevropeiskym spivtovarystvom z atomnoi enerhii i yikhnimy derzhavamy-chlenamy, z inshoi storony vid 16 veresnia 2014 r. № 1678-VII. [Law of Ukraine On the Ratification of the Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one hand, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their member states, on the other hand, dated September 16, 2014 №1678-VII] Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy – Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 40, 2021 [in Ukrainian].
13. Kudriachenko, A.I. (Ed.). (2007) Politychna systema i hromadianske suspilstvo: yevropeiski i ukrainski realii [Political system and civil society: European and Ukrainian realities]. Kyiv: NISD [in Ukrainian].
14. Semyhina, T. (2003). Sotsialna polityka u hlobalnomu vymiri [Social policy in the global dimension]. Kyiv: Pulsary [in Ukrainian].
15. Surmin, Yu.P., Bakumenko, V.D., & Mykhnenko A.M. (2010) Entsyklopedychnyi slovnyk z derzhavnoho upravlinnia [Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Public Administration]. Kovbasiuk, Yu.V., Troshchynskii, V.P. & Surmin Yu. P. (Eds.). Kyiv: NADU [in Ukrainian].
16. Surmin Yu. (2003)/ Tsinnisni protsesy postradianskoho suspilstva: metodolohichnyi aspekt. [Value processes of post-Soviet society: methodological aspect] Zbirnyk naukovykh prats – Collection of scientific works, 1, 87-98 [in Ukrainian].
17. Khartiia osnovnykh prav Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu : mizhnarodnyi dokument vid 07 hrud. 2000 r. [The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union: an international document dated December 7, 2000.]. zakon.rada.gov.ua Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/994_ 524/print1412236313240908 [in Ukrainian].
18. International standard. Investors in People. www.investorsinpeople.com Retrieved from https://www.investorsinpeople.com/iip-standard [in English].
19. Mizhnarodnyi standart sotsialna vidpovidalnist (SA8000) [International standard social responsibility (SA8000)] zakon.rada.gov.ua Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ n0015697-07 [in Ukrainian].
20. Larina, N., & Yashutin, I. (2022). Team management in the civil service in the present-day challenges and threats. Scientific journal of Polonia university, 54(5), 129-142 [in Polish].
21. Khadzhyradieva, S., Chernenko, N.M., Ruchkina, M.M., Larina, N.B., & Sakaliuk, O.O. (2021). Risks in Public Administration in the Context of Globalisation. International Journal of Criminology and Sociology. Retrieved from https://www.lifescienceglobal.com/independent-journals/journal-of-advances-in-management-sciences-information-systems/83-abstract/ijcs/4436-abstract-risks-in-public-administration-in-the-context-of-globalisation [in English].
22. Yemelyanov, V. (2020). Improvement of mechanisms for selecting candidates for leadership positions in the civil service of Ukraine, taking into account human competencies. [Udoskonalennia mekhanizmiv vidboru kandydativ na kerivni posady derzhavnoi sluzhby Ukrainy z urakhuvanniam liudskykh kompetentnostei]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok – Public administration: improvement and development. № 11. Retrieved from http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua./?op=1&z=1922 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 42 PDF Downloads: 25