PUBLIC COUNCILS AS AN INSTRUMENT OF PUBLIC INFLUENCE ON FORMATION AND REALIZATION OF THE STATE POLICY
The article is devoted to the study of peculiarities of public councils functioning at executive bodies.
The notion and purpose of public councils are defined. An encyclopaedic interpretation of the term "public council" is given.
The interaction of state power institutes with civil society institutes through public councils operating under executive power bodies is explored.
The normative and legal basis for the involvement of the public in the state policy formation process is described. The specifics and main forms and methods of interaction between state authorities and the public are shown. The basic issues in public councils’ activity are revealed.
It has been shown that public councils act as a powerful tool to involve citizens in state governance and are able to become an effective communication tool between power institutes and the public, given they have an active civic position and responsible attitude to fulfilling their obligations and responsibilities by all participants in the communication.
The rights, functions and forms of cooperation between a public council and an executive body are investigated. The Typical Regulations on the Public Council are characterized. The procedure of providing public consultations either directly or indirectly is determined.
The features of public consultation as a process of communication between public authorities and citizens and their associations are characterized.
The list of draft acts subject to mandatory public discussion among citizens in the form of public consultation is provided.
The importance of public control for the establishment of a democratic society has been emphasized; mechanisms for the implementation hereof have been clarified. The features of public monitoring and public examination are defined.
The theoretical and legal principles of interaction between authorities and the public in state policy formation and implementation are generalized. The basic forms, methods and tools of such interaction are selected. The recommendations on improving the organizational regulations and public consultations on the formation and implementation of state policy have been formed.
Recommendations on the establishment of effective interaction between public authorities and civil society institutes are proposed.
2. Arhipova Ye. O., & Dmitrenko N. O. (2016) Efektivna komunikaciya mizh organami derzhavnoyi vladi ta gromadskistyu yak umova rozvitku demokratichnogo suspilstva [Effective Communication between Public Authorities and the Public as a Condition for the Democratic Society Development] Kyiv: TOV "DKS Centr" [in Ukrainian].
3. Chemeris O. (2015) Teoretiko-pravovi zasadi vzayemodiyi organiv vladi i gromadskosti pri formuvanni ta realizaciyi derzhavnoyi politiki [Theoretical and Legal Principles of Interaction between Authorities and the Public in the State Policy Formation and Implementation] Lviv: LRIDU NADU [in Ukrainian].
4. Efektivni instrumenti vplivu gromadskosti na proces prijnyattya rishen organami vladi» [Effective Tools of Public Influence on the Decision-Making Process by the Authorities] Retrieved from http://iaaukraine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Analitychnyj-zvit-Efektyvni-instrumenty-vplyvu.pdf
5. Kostirya O. Vlada ta gromada: zakonni metodi vplivu [Government and Community: Legal Methods of Influence] Retrieved from https://tribuna.pl.ua/news/vlada-ta-gromada-zakonni-metodi-vplivu/
6. Pro zabezpechennya uchasti gromadskosti u formuvanni ta realizaciyi derzhavnoyi politiki / Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayini vid 3 listopada 2010 roku № 996 [On Ensuring Public Participation in the Formation and Implementation of State Policy] Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/996%2010%p
7. Rudovska S. I. Gromadski radi novogo formatu: organizacijno-pravovi zmini diyalnosti [Public Councils of a New Format: Organizational and Legal Changes of Activity] Retrieved from http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=894
8. Shajgorodskij Yu. Zh., & Andrijchuk T. S., & Diduh A. Ya. (2011) Vlada i suspilstvo: dialog cherez gromadski radi [Government and Society: Dialogue through Public Councils] Kyiv: PALIVODA A.V. [in Ukrainian].
9. Sicinska M. V. Gromadska rada: osoblivosti yiyi diyalnosti v sektori bezpeki i oboroni Ukrayini [Public Council: Peculiarities of Its Activity in the Security and Defence Sector] Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Duur_2014_1_3.
10. Surmin Yu. P., & Bakumenko V. D., & Mihnenko A. M. (2010) Enciklopedichnij slovnik z derzhavnogo upravlinnya [Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Public Management] Kyiv: NADU [in Ukrainian].
11. Taran V., & Kulchickij O., & Babakishiyeva G., & Slizkonis D. (2018) Yak pidvishiti spromozhnosti gromadskih rad na zdijsnennya gromadskogo kontrolyu? [How to Increase the Capacity of Public Councils to Carry Out Public Control?] Kyiv: Centr politichnih studij ta analitiki «Ejdos» [in Ukrainian].
12. Voloshina A. V. & Laciba M. V. (2011) Efektivna organizaciya roboti gromadskoyi radi [Effective Organization of the Public Council Activity] Kyiv: Agentstvo “Ukrayina” [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 29 PDF Downloads: 40