Peculiarities of implementation of the smart specialization Concept in Ukraine
The article deals with the peculiarities of implementation of the concept of SMART specialization in Ukraine and defines the basis of the problems that appear during implementation of the concept in practical activity in the formulation of socio-economic development strategies of regions. The article deals with issues such as the content and objectives of SMART specialization strategic management, its relationship with the state's innovation, industrial and economic policies, the role of central and regional levels of executive power in the formulation and implementation of SMART- specializations, foreign experience and opportunities for its adaptation in our country. Materials for the study are taken from the basic scientific works of researchers and specialists in the field of strategic management and SMART specializations, as well as the analysis of common problems that arise in practical activity in formulating strategies for socio-economic development of the regions. Among the methods used in the study are the systematic analysis method, comparison methods and situation modeling. As a result of the research, the main key problems in the implementation of SMART specialization in the formulation of strategies for socio-economic development of the region were systematized.
The concept of SMART specialization implies a relationship between science, education and the economy, although in the context of regional development, it is possible to talk about the relationship between business, research institutions and the public sphere. In other words, this means public policy management towards such regional initiatives, activities and projects that will make a particular specialization in that region or country real, or the development of some technologies or products and services using these technologies.
The realization of the goal of SMART specialization defines the possibility of achieving the goal of socio-economic development of the regions, which is to increase competitiveness and innovation activity at the regional level. Since the presence of innovations in the modern globalized world is the main factor of economic growth. Considering the significant results of the SMART specialization, as well as the need to deepen our country's cooperation with the EU countries within the framework of the European Neighborhood Policy and the Association Agreement with the EU, it is necessary to implement the analyzed concept in the field of regional policy in Ukraine.
2. Belokurov, D. (2017) «Smart-spetsyalyzatsyia»: stratehyia dlia Ukrayny [Smart specialization: a strategy for Ukraine]. Ukrmetalurhprom, 31 zhovtnia – Ukrmetalurhprom, October, 31. Retrieved from: https://www.ukrmetprom.org/smart-specializaciya-strategiya-dlya/
3. Berezina, O.Iu. (2018) SMART-spetsializatsiia dlia pokrashchennia umov zhyttia domohospodarstv [SMART specialization to improve the living conditions of households]. Ekonomika i orhanizatsiia upravlinnia. – Economics and organization of management, No 4(32), 35-46 [in Ukrainian]
4. Vprovadzhennia metodyky SMART-spetsializatsii dlia Ukrainy. Investytsiinyi portal Zaporizkoi oblasti [Implementation of SMART specialization methodology for Ukraine. Investment portal of Zaporizhzhia region]. Retrieved from: https://investment.zoda.gov.ua/uk/vprovadgennya-metodiki-smart-specializaciy-dlya-ukraini
5. Hireiko, R. (2018) Doslidnytski ta innovatsiini stratehii rozumnoi spetsializatsii (RIS3) v konteksti polityky rehionalnoho rozvytku v Ukraini [Research and innovation strategies for smart specialization (RIS3) in the context of regional development policy in Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian]. Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mmECrzTak0UNTtDVv5SuYZXA7dED9nwt/view
6. Dodatok III: Rehionalni stratehii doslidzhen ta innovatsii dlia rozumnoi spetsializatsii: kerivnytstvo dlia otsinky ekspertiv [Annex III: Regional research and innovation strategies for smart specialization: a guide for expert evaluation]. Retrieved from https://dei.kyivcity.gov.ua/content/vprovadzhennya-metodyky-smartspecializaciy-dlya-ukrainy.html
7. Ievropeiska Komisiia: Kerivnytstvo z doslidnytskykh ta innovatsiinykh stratehii dlia rozumnoi spetsializatsii (RIS 3) [European Commission: A guide to research and innovation strategies for smart specialization (RIS 3)]. Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docgener/presenta/smart_specialisation/smart_ris3_2012.pdf
8. Eksperty rozvinchaly 11 mifiv pro vprovadzhennia SMART-spetsializatsii v Ukraini [Experts have debunked 11 myths about the implementation of SMART specialization in Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://uacrisis.org/ua/74007-smartspecializationinukraine
9. Zvit OESR : Innovatsiino-oriientovane zrostannia v rehionakh: rol rozumnykh spetsializatsii [OECD Report: Innovation-driven growth in the regions: the role of smart specializations]. Retrieved from https://era.gv.at/object/document/1151/attach/OECD_Project_Report_Smart_specialisationFINALAdvance. Pdf
10. Kerivnytstvo zi stratehii doslidzhen ta innovatsii dlia SMART-spetsializatsii. Neofitsiina adaptovana skorochena versiia, rozroblena Ukrainskym instytutom mizhnarodnoi polityky dlia vnutrishnoho korystuvannia, oryhinalna versiia rozroblena spilnym doslidnytskym tsentrom yevropeiskoi komisii [SMART Specialization Research and Innovation Strategy Guide. Unofficial adapted short version developed by the Ukrainian Institute of International Policy for Internal Use, original version developed by the European Commission's Joint Research Center] Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TM3b3zv_k_294Me0HSX-DLvDAzRoPHnU/view
11. Metodolohiia planuvannia rehionalnoho rozvytku v Ukraini : Instrument dlia rozrobky stratehii rehionalnoho rozvytku i planiv zakhodiv z yikh realizatsii (iz zastosuvanniam pidkhodu SMART-spetsializatsii) [Regional Development Planning Methodology in Ukraine: A Tool for Developing Regional Development Strategies and Action Plans for their Implementation (Using the SMART Specialization Approach)] / Regional development and action project U-LEAD with Europe Programme, Kyiv, 2018. Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mGFTdteEiR2CrxbqTOdHAXSAHci5Auuh/view
12. Nakaz Ministerstva rehionalnoho rozvytku, budivnytstva ta zhytlovo-komunalnoho hospodarstva Ukrainy «Pro zatverdzhennia Metodyky rozroblennia, provedennia monitorynhu ta otsinky rezultatyvnosti realizatsii rehionalnykh stratehii rozvytku ta planiv zakhodiv z yikh realizatsii» [Order of the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine “On approval of the Methodology of development, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the implementation of regional development strategies and action plans for their implementation”], March, 31, 2016, No79. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0632-16
13. Postanova KMU «Pro zatverdzhennia poriadku rozroblennia Derzhavnoi stratehii rehionalnoho rozvytku Ukrainy i planu zakhodiv z yii realizatsii, a takozh provedennia monitorynhu ta otsinky rezultatyvnosti realizatsii zaznachenykh Stratehii i planu zakhodiv» vid 11 lystopada 2015 r. No 931 (iz zminamy, vnesenymy zghidno z postanovoiu KM No 959 vid 14.11.2018) [CMU Resolution “On Approving the Procedure for Development of the State Strategy for Regional Development of Ukraine and the Plan of Measures for Its Implementation, as well as for Monitoring and Evaluation of the Effectiveness of the Implementation of These Strategies and the Plan of Measures”], October, 14, 2018 No959. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/931-2015-p#n8
14. Rakovych, O. I. (2019) Rol SMART-spetsializatsii v rozvytku pidpryiemnytskoho potentsialu silskykh terytorii [The role of SMART specialization in the development of entrepreneurial potential of rural areas]. Biznes Inform, No3, 69-74. [in Ukrainian]
15. SMART-spetsializatsiia ye oboviazkovoiu u systemi stratehichnoho planuvannia rehionalnoho rozvytku, - Minrehion, 05.02.2019 [SMART specialization is a must in the strategic planning of regional development, - Minregion] / Pres-tsentr initsiatyvy «Detsentralizatsiia» [ Decentralization Initiative Press Center] / Retrieved from
16. Snehovaia, E.Iu.(2018) Raskritye potentsyala smart-spetsyalyzatsyy dlia preodolenyia rehyonalnoi strukturnoi ynertnosty v Ukrayne [Unlocking the potential of smart specialization to overcome regional structural inertia in Ukraine] Ekonomyka Ukrayny - Economy of Ukraine, 8 (673), 75-87 [in Ukrainian]
17. Snihova, O.Iu. (2018) Smart-spetsializatsiia ta stupid-realizatsiia [Smart specialization and stupid implementation]. Dzerkalo tyzhnia. - No16 (28 kvitnia – 11 travnia) – The mirror of the week [in Ukrainian]. Retrieved from: https://dt.ua/economics_of_regions/smart-specializaciya-ta-stupid-realizaciya-276489_.html
18. Iatsiuk, O. S. (2018) SMART-spetsializatsiia rozvytku rehionu yak vazhlyvyi napriam pidvyshchennia yoho konkurentospromozhnosti ta innovatsiinoi aktyvnosti. SMART specialization of regional development as an important direction of increasing its competitiveness and innovative activity. Naukovyi visnyk IFNTUNH. Seriia: Ekonomika ta upravlinnia v naftovii i hazovii promyslovosti. – IFNTUNG Scientific Bulletin. Series: Economics and Management in the Oil and Gas Industry No 2 (18), 54-60 [in Ukrainian]
19. Doran G. T. There is S.M.A.R.T. a way of writing goals and objectives of leadership. Management Overview. 1981. Vol. 70. Issue 11. P. 35-36. Retrieved from: https://www.scirp.org/(S(351jmbntvnsjt1aadkposzje))/reference/ReferencesPapers.aspx?ReferenceID=1459599
Abstract views: 35 PDF Downloads: 17