Psychodiagnostics of prognostic parameters рrocrastinations of public servants
The article is devoted to defining the content of the phenomenon of procrastination as a psychological term in the process of professional activity and career growth of civil servants, which is manifested by postponing the execution of timely, relevant actions to a later date. As a result of the empirical study, psychodiagnosis of prognostic parameters of procrastination of civil servants was carried out. It is shown that the thinking style of civil servants is characterized by practicality and concreteness, and the representatives of the studied sample are characterized by attitudes towards flexibility, adaptability, benefit and benefit, correction of situations to achieve a certain result. With regard to the block of development of subjectivity, the conducted research proved that the realization of subjectivity among civil servants takes place through the realization of the desire to show and approve their individuality in the social context, to be accountable for their actions not only to the environment, but to themselves, which emphasizes their responsibility, but at the same time, it has been proven that civil servants have a developed ability to find ways out of difficult situations, to turn to new sources to solve new problems, which reflects the cognitive component of readiness for change, but to some extent they have reduced energy, vitality and faith in success In particular, the article examines the peculiarities of prognostic parameters of procrastination of civil servants. It was concluded that the thinking of civil servants in their style is characterized by practicality and concreteness and they are characterized by attitudes towards flexibility, adaptability, benefit and benefit, correction of situations to achieve a certain result. The features of the following blocks are analyzed: thinking style, development of subjectivity, personal readiness for changes, tolerance to uncertainty, features of the procrastination indicator.
2. Barko, V.I. & Ostapovych V.P. (2019). Ukrainskomovna adaptatsiia opytuvalnyka Badnera dlia vykorystannia v Natsionalnii politsii [Ukrainian adaptation of the Badner questionnaire for use in the National Police]. Psykholohichnyi chasopys – Psychological journal, 5(8), 249-263. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/psch_2019_5_8_18 [in Ukrainian].
3. Bilopolyi, V.V. & Lazarenko, V.I. (2020). Psykholohichna hotovnist do osobystisnykh zmin ta tolerantnosti do nevyznachenosti suchasnoho svitu studentiv budivelnoho ZVO (DVNZ PDABA) [Psychological readiness for personal changes and tolerance for the uncertainty of the modern world of students of the construction higher education institution (DVNZ PDABA)]. Visnyk Prydniprovskoi derzhavnoi akademii budivnytstva ta arkhitektury – Bulletin of the Dnipro State Academy of Construction and Architecture, 2, 16-24 [in Ukrainian].
4. Vaida, T.S. (2016). Prokrastynatsiia yak komponent povedinky pratsivnykiv OVS ta yii profilaktyka pid chas profesiinoi pidhotovky kursantiv u VNZ MVS Ukrainy [Procrastination as a component of the behavior of employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and its prevention during the professional training of cadets at the Higher Education Institution of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine]. Yurydychnyi biuleten – Legal Bulletin, 2, 197-211. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ub_2016_2_22 [in Ukrainian].
5. Dvornyk, M.S. (2014). Sotsialno-psykholohichni praktyky vidterminuvannia v konstruiuvanni osobystistiu vlasnoho maibutnoho [Social and psychological practices of procrastination in the construction of the individual's own future]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Instytut sotsialnoi ta politychnoi psykholohii NAPN Ukrainy, p. 200 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kats, O. & Vass, T. (Eds. & Trans.). (2008). Yevreiski mudretsi. Z chasiv mishny i donyni [Jewish sages. From the time of the Mishna to the present day]. Yerusalym: Shvut Amy, p. 641 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kuznietsov, M.A. & Kozub, Ya.V. (2016). Prokrastynatsiia yak chynnyk emotsiinoho stavlennia studentiv do navchalnoi diialnosti [Procrastination as a factor in the emotional attitude of students to educational activities]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho universytetu. Seriia: Psykholohiia – Bulletin of the Dnipropetrovsk University. Series: Psychology, 22, 61-70 Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/vdups_2016_2 [in Ukrainian].
8. Motruk, T.O. & Stetsenko, D.V. (2014). Prokrastynatsiia yak inhibitor rozvytku uspishnoi osobystosti [Procrastination as an inhibitor of the development of a successful personality]. Aktualni pytannia suchasnoi psykholohii: materialy I Vseukrainskoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii studentiv, aspirantiv i molodykh vchenykh – Current issues of modern psychology: materials of the 1st All-Ukrainian scientific and practical conference of students, postgraduates and young scientists. Sumy: Vyd-vo SumDPU imeni A. S. Makarenka, p. 388 [in Ukrainian].
9. Pylypenko, V.Ye. (1993). Sotsialne rehuliuvannia trudovoi povedinky (sotsiolohichnyi analiz) [Social regulation of labor behavior (sociological analysis)]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, p. 126 [in Ukrainian].
10. Pirkei Avot (Povchannia Batkiv) [Pirkei Avot (Teachings of the Fathers)]. The Kabbalah Digital Library. lib.kabbalah.info Retrieved from: http://lib.kabbalah.info/ [in Ukrainian].
11. Skryzhynska, M.V. (2013). Fukidid. Entsyklopediia istorii Ukrainy: u 10 tomakh [Thucydides. Encyclopedia of the History of Ukraine: in 10 volumes]. V.A. Smolii et al (Eds.). Kyiv: Naukova dumka [in Ukrainian].
12. Shaihorodskyi, Yu. (2013). Syndrom politychnoi prokrastynatsii: prychyny i naslidky [Political procrastination syndrome: causes and consequences]. Politychnyi menedzhment – Political management, 59, 16-29 [in Ukrainian].
13. Aitken, M.E. (1982). A personality profile of the college student procrastinator. (Doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh). Ann Arbor: University Microfilms International [in English].
14. Bernstein, P.L. (1998). Against the gods: The remarkable story of risk. New York: Wiley, p. 400. Retrieved from: https://www.amazon.com/Against-Gods-Remarkable-Story-Risk/dp/047 [in English].
15. Colegrove, M. B., Shaw, J.L. & Shepherd, C.S.P. (2004). Be a Last-Minute Leader, Not a Procrastinator. New York: iUniverse, Inc, p. 90 [in English].
16. Ellis, A. & Knaus, W.J. (1979). Overcoming procrastination. New York: Signet Books, p. 180 [in English].
17. D’Equainville D. (2016). Encyclopédie joyeuse de la procrastination. Paris: Le Contrepoint, p. 109 [in French].
18. Ferrari, J.R., Johnson, J.L. & McCown, W.G. (1995). Procrastination and task avoidance: Theory, research, and treatment. NY: Springer, p. 268 [in English].
19. Harriott, J. & Ferrari, J.R. (1996). Prevalence of procrastination among samples of adults. Psychological Reports, 78, 611-616 [in English].
20. Knaus, B.A. Historical View of Procrastination. www.psychologytoday.com. Retrieved from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/science-and-sensibility/201104/ historical-view-procrastination [in English].
21. Lay, C.H. (1986). At last, my research article on procrastination. Journal of Research in Personality, 20, 474-495 [in English].
22. Milgram, N.A. (1992). Procrastination: A malady of modern time. Boletin de Psicologia, 35, 83 [in English].
23. Harper, D. Online Etymology Dictionary. www.etymonline.com. Retrieved from: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=procrastination [in English].
24. Rothblum, E.D., Solomon, L.J. & Murakami, J. (1986). Affective, cognitive, and behavioral differences between high and low procrastinators. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 33, 387-394 [in English].
25. Solomon, L.J. & Rothblum E.D. (1984). Academic procrastination: Frequency and cognitive-behavioral correlates. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 31, 503-509. [in English].
26. Schouwenburg, H.C. (2004). Academic procrastination: Theoretical notions, measurement, and research. In Counseling the procrastinator in academic setting. Lay, C.H., Pychyl, T.A. & Ferrari J.R (Eds.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association [in English].
27. Steel, P. (2007). The nature of procrastination: a meta-analytic and theoretical review of quintessential self-regulatory failure. Psychological bulletin, 133(1), 65-94. Retrieved from: https://scribd.com/doc/63679278/STEEL-P-The-Nature-of-Procrastination-A-Meta-Analytic-andTheoretical-Review-of-Quintessential-Self-Regulatory-Failure [in English].
Abstract views: 19 PDF Downloads: 20